This is an Apprenticeship Vacancy. The successful candidate will be employed by the company outlined below and undertake the relevant Apprenticeship Programme with ACT Training. Please refer to the Course Outline at the bottom of this page for an overview of the Apprenticeship Programme.
Company Name: DS Smith
Job Title: Finance Apprentice
Apprenticeship Programme: Accounting Level 2 and 3
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £13,000 rising to £14,000
Contract Duration: 2 years fixed term
Company Overview: DS Smith is a FTSE 100 listed business and a leading supplier of recycled packaging, both within the UK market and throughout Europe. Our core business is the design and manufacture of innovative, sustainable packaging solutions that consider the entire supply chain. We are building a better business, focused on delivering sustainable value. To us, true sustainable value is found when balancing the needs of Our Business, Our Environment and Our People.
Key Duties: We are seeking highly committed and competent Apprentices for our 2019 DS Smith Business Services Finance Apprenticeship Programme. The Programme covers all areas of Transactional Finance, and some Accounting.
We will offer you challenging opportunities that will develop your career and offer you great rewards. In return you will ‘own’ your career, driving your own development and embracing the opportunities that come along. We will expect you to work hard and deliver exceptional results.
The DS Smith Finance Apprenticeship Programme is a two-year rotational development programme. You will have the opportunity to gain experience of:
- Accounts Payable
- Cash & Collections
- Finance and Accounting
- Master Data function.
Your hands-on experience will be underpinned by external study towards achieving the Association of Accounting Technician (AAT Levels 2 and 3) apprenticeship programmes.
After successful completion of the first 18 months, you will be eligible to apply for a permanent position within the finance function.
Essential/Desirable Requirements: We are seeking individuals who:
- Enjoy solving complex problems and can deliver clear and effective solutions
- Are prepared to commit to a two year training programme
- Can understand the bigger picture whilst dealing with the essential details
- Have high standards of written and verbal communication
- Are keen on embracing change
- Are willing to share information, knowledge and skills
- Have a strong focus on internal and external customers
- Have a commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion
- Are proactive and willing to take responsibility for their own development & career progression.
- 5 GCSE’s, including English & Maths, at Grades A*- C;
- 2 A levels (Grades A – C), or equivalent (Maths A Level would be an advantage).
*Please note we are unable to accept applicants who have already completed a finance degree (or comparable qualification) or apprenticeship at level 4.
To be considered for this position, please click on the link below and apply via the employer's website: -
Closing Date for Applications: 30th May 2019
Interview Date: To be confirmed