This is an Apprenticeship Vacancy. The successful candidate will be employed by the company outlined below and receive on-the-job training from them. Alongside this, they will undertake an Apprenticeship Programme with ACT Training and receive support and guidance from an experienced Assessor, to help them achieve the relevant qualifications. Please refer to the Course Outline at the bottom of this page for an overview of the Apprenticeship Programme.
Company Name: Meithrinfa Y Pelican
Job Title: Welsh Nursery Nurse Apprentice
Apprenticeship Programme: Level 2 Children's Care, Play, Learning and Development
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week
Days and Times of Work: Monday - Friday, shifts mixture of 7.30am - 4.30pm, 8am - 5pm, 8.30am - 5.30pm, 9am - 6pm .
Salary: £5 per hour
Company Overview: We are a nursery which gives high quality, Welsh, Organic care in Roath, Cardiff. We are looking for a Welsh speaker, to join our team on a full-time basis. We aim to recruit the best in the business, the successful candidate needs to be highly motivated and very keen to help teach preschool aged children. We are fully invested in our staff, support and encourage them to learn and grow by providing training and advice.
We are looking for workers who have the following skills:
- Excellent communication skills with children, staff and parents
- excellent observational skills
- organisational skills with the ability to work on own initiative
- To contribute to a high-quality caring environment for children. This includes creating a warm, friendly and stimulating atmosphere in which the children can develop emotionally, socially and educationally through individual attention and group activities. Through the medium of Welsh
- To work as part of the team
- Prepare age-appropriate activities for the children
- Teaching children general life skills, manners and hygiene
- To build up relationships with the parents to reduce the division between home and nursery for the child
- Welsh speaking
- GCSE Maths A-C
- GCSE English A-C
- IT skills
- Experience working with children
Closing Date for Applications: Wednesday 23rd June 2021
Please note that applications received after the closing date may still be considered, subject to the vacancy being filled.
Interview Date: Wednesday 30th June 2021
- You will be contacted by telephone and email throughout the recruitment process; therefore, please ensure the contact details you provide are accurate and that you check your messages regularly.