This is an Apprenticeship Vacancy. The successful candidate will be employed by the company outlined below and receive on-the-job training from them. Alongside this, they will undertake an Apprenticeship Programme with ACT Training and receive support and guidance from an experienced Assessor, to help them achieve the relevant qualifications. Please refer to the Course Outline at the bottom of this page for an overview of the Apprenticeship Programme.
Company Name: Freight Systems Express Wales
Job Title: Transport Administration Apprentice
Apprenticeship Programme: Business Administration Level 2
Hours of Work: 42.5 hours per week
Times of Work: 08.30am – 17.00pm, with 1 hour lunch per day
Salary: National Minimum Wage (dependent on age) - Negotiable depending on experience
Company Overview: FSEW are an International Freight Forwarder based in South Wales only Rail Terminal. Working with a Worldwide list of customers ranging from Asia / America / Australasia and Europe every day is a different challenge.
FSEW are only looking for customer focused hard working individuals with driver to succeed – In return you will be given your first step into the exciting world of Logistics. You will be working with colleagues who have vast experience and knowledge to pass on.
A company that rewards individuals not only financially but with training and an open-ended possibility of promotions and career opportunities if you grasp them.
- 20 days, 8 bank holidays leave a year – PLUS YOUR BIRTHDAY OFF ON US;
- Free on-site parking;
- Monthly rewards and bonuses, chances to win trips away.
But most of all a real opportunity for someone to build a career in one of the fastest moving industries around.
- Assisting our traffic planners to plan daily routes for our fleet to minimize empty running;
- Assisting our traffic planners to plan daily routes for our fleet to ensure maximum profit;
- Creating drivers paperwork for proof of delivery purposes;
- Assisting the Transport Manager with the administration of compliance for the company;
- Assisting the Transport Manager with the administration for service / mot;
- General Administration directly relating to the Intermodal Department / General Haulage;
- Customer Service for all customers;
- Assisting the traffic planners with day to day communication to all drivers / customers / suppliers;
- Assisting with the administration of information from our Transport IT system.
- Good attendance in School / College;
- Must hold a driving license;
- Very IT competent;
- Studied for GCSE / A Levels - Desirable;
Closing Date for Applications: Tuesday 30th June 2020
Please note that applications received after the closing date may still be considered, subject to the vacancy being filled.
Interview Date: To be confirmed
- You will be contacted by telephone and email throughout the recruitment process; therefore, please ensure the contact details you provide are accurate and that you check your messages regularly.