This is an Apprenticeship Vacancy. The successful candidate will be employed by the company outlined below and receive on-the-job training from them. Alongside this, they will undertake an Apprenticeship Programme with ACT Training and receive support and guidance from an experienced Assessor, to help them achieve the relevant qualifications. Please refer to the Course Outline at the bottom of this page for an overview of the Apprenticeship Programme.
Company Name: Paradox Hairdressing
Job Title: Salon Assistant Apprentice
Apprenticeship Programme: Hairdressing Level 2
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week
Days and Times of Work:
- Tuesday and Wednesday and Saturday 9.00am - 5.30pm
- Alternate Thursday 9.00am - 5.30pm or 11.00am – 8.00pm
- Friday 9.00am – 6.00pm
Salary: National Minimum Wage for Apprentices - Currently £4.15 per hour
Company Overview: Paradox is a busy Goldwell salon which has been trading for 25 years! We area a friendly salon with a great experienced team. We would train you in all aspects of hairdressing. We pride ourselves on excellent customer service and keeping up to date with new trends, we offer in salon training with our Goldwell technicians with opportunities to enter competitions and travel abroad, to compete when you have progressed with your training. This is a great opportunity for anyone who has a real passion for hairdressing and a chance to become an amazing hairdresser!
- Meeting and greeting customers;
- Gowning clients up for services and washing their hair;
- Washing colors off;
- Assisting stylists making sure they have everything they require;
- General hygiene in the salon making sure it is clean and hazard free;
- Sweeping up;
- Answering phone and booking clients in.
- GCSE Maths;
- GCSE English;
- Good communication skills.
- Enthusiastic, outgoing person, who would be confident talking to our clients and can work well in a team.
Closing Date for Applications: Monday 12th April 2021
Please note that applications received after the closing date may still be considered, subject to the vacancy being filled.
Interview Date: To be confirmed
- You will be contacted by telephone and email throughout the recruitment process; therefore, please ensure the contact details you provide are accurate and that you check your messages regularly.