This is an Apprenticeship Vacancy. The successful candidate will be employed by the company outlined below and receive on-the-job training from them. Alongside this, they will undertake an Apprenticeship Programme with ACT Training and receive support and guidance from an experienced Assessor, to help them achieve the relevant qualifications. Please refer to the Course Outline at the bottom of this page for an overview of the Apprenticeship Programme.
Company Name: Specsavers
Location: Port Talbot
Job Title: Optical Assistant Apprentice
Apprenticeship Programme: Retail Level 2
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week
Days and Times of Work: 5 days a week
Salary: £4.15 per hour
- Join a close team who will help you along the way;
- Earn a salary while you learn new skills;
- Get yourself a great qualification;
- Learn specific optics skills as well as transferable retail and customer based skills;
- Training provided for all skills you will need.
- Give excellent customer service;
- Book appointments;
- Assist opticians with tests;
- Measure frame for customers;
- Pre-screen tests;
- Fit glasses for customers;
- Arrive customers and check their details.
- Maths and English grade A-C at GCSE or equivalent
Closing Date for Applications: Wednesday 19th August 2020
Please note that applications received after the closing date may still be considered, subject to the vacancy being filled.
Interview Date: To be confirmed
- You will be contacted by telephone and email throughout the recruitment process; therefore, please ensure the contact details you provide are accurate and that you check your messages regularly.