This is an Apprenticeship Vacancy. The successful candidate will be employed by the company outlined below and receive on-the-job training from them. Alongside this, they will undertake an Apprenticeship Programme with ACT Training and receive support and guidance from an experienced Assessor, to help them achieve the relevant qualifications. Please refer to the Course Outline at the bottom of this page for an overview of the Apprenticeship Programme.
Company Name: Specsavers Opticians
Job Title: Optical Assistant Apprentice
Apprenticeship Programme: Retail Level 3
Hours of Work: 37.5 - 40 hours per week
Days and Times of Work: Monday - Sunday, working either a Saturday or a Sunday with a day off in the week.
- Monday - Saturday, 8.30am - 5pm or 9am - 5.30pm
- Sunday, 10am - 4pm
Salary: National Minimum Wage for Apprentices - £4.30 per hour
Company Overview: Specsavers began more than 35 years ago with the vision of two optometrists, Doug and Mary Perkins, who set out to provide the best-value eyecare to everybody. Their passion for optometry has led Specsavers to become the largest privately owned optical group in the world, delivering high-quality, affordable optical and hearing care around the globe. At Specsavers we are passionate about developing our people so they can be the best they can be.
You will have on the-job training alongside structured learning that will lead to a nationally recognised Level 3 qualification.
- You will gain valuable work experience in a full-time role.
- Receive comprehensive and structured training.
- Deliver high-quality products and services in an innovative retail environment.
- Become part of a team working towards a common goal.
- Welcoming customers into the store
- Booking in eye tests
- Pre-screening patients
- Providing style advice
- Measuring frames
- Taking phone calls
- Must have GCSE grades A-C in English and Maths.
- Recent school/college leavers or those looking for a new challenge.
- Candidates must have lived in the EU for 3 years or more, with the right to work in the UK
- Someone who is enthusiastic about providing great customer service and would like to pursue a career in retail, management or optics. It’s important that they are a great listener and communicator. Live local or near to the Newport area.
Closing Date for Applications: Wednesday 30th June 2021
Please note that applications received after the closing date may still be considered, subject to the vacancy being filled.
Interview Date: To be confirmed
- You will be contacted by telephone and email throughout the recruitment process; therefore, please ensure the contact details you provide are accurate and that you check your messages regularly.