This is an Apprenticeship Vacancy. The successful candidate will be employed by the company outlined below and receive on-the-job training from them. Alongside this, they will undertake an Apprenticeship Programme with ACT Training and receive support and guidance from an experienced Assessor, to help them achieve the relevant qualifications. Please refer to the Course Outline at the bottom of this page for an overview of the Apprenticeship Programme.
Company Name: Mann Williams Ltd
Job Title: Office Administrator Apprentice
Apprenticeship Programme: Business Administration Level 2
Hours of Work: Up to 20 hours per week
Days and Times of Work: Monday to Friday – happy to negotiate times
Salary: £16,000 per annum pro rata for hours worked.
Company Overview: Mann Williams is a Consulting Civil and Structural Engineers practice based in Cardiff Bay. Established in 1986 we have offices in Cardiff, Bath and Belfast and work across a wide portfolio of projects throughout the UK and Europe covering all sectors of the built environment.
Due to business growth we are looking for an administrator who is interested in building a career in business administration.
Working alongside our Office Manager at our busy but friendly practice based in Cardiff Bay, you will be fully supported as you undertake on the job training with a view to building a long-term career with us.
Duties will include but not limited to:
- Dealing with incoming telephone calls and taking detailed, accurate messages where necessary;
- General administrative support when required: photocopying, binding, filing, archiving;
- Organising travel and accommodation;
- Setting up new projects with CMAP and carrying out basic procedural and quality checks and actions on new projects;
- Greeting guests to the office;
- Dealing with incoming and outgoing post;
- Management of internal office diary;
- Organisation of the meeting room and providing hospitality to guests;
- Weekly office supplies inventories to ensure all stock is up to date and ordering more when necessary;
- Banking and petty cash;
- Data entry;
- Any other duties as appropriate.
- GCSE Grades in English;
- Excellence written and verbal communication skills;
- Confident with Microsoft Office packages;
- Good time keeping and reliability;
- Polite telephone manner;
- A positive attitude;
- A desire to learn new skills;
- Respectful and courteous;
Closing Date for Applications: Thursday 5th March 2020
Please note that applications received after the closing date may still be considered, subject to the vacancy being filled.
Interview Date: Friday 13th March 2020
- You will be contacted by telephone and email throughout the recruitment process; therefore, please ensure the contact details you provide are accurate and that you check your messages regularly.