This is an Apprenticeship Vacancy. The successful candidate will be employed by the company outlined below and receive on-the-job training from them. Alongside this, they will undertake an Apprenticeship Programme with ACT Training and receive support and guidance from an experienced Assessor, to help them achieve the relevant qualifications. Please refer to the Course Outline at the bottom of this page for an overview of the Apprenticeship Programme.
Company Name: Poppies Day Nursery
Job Title: Nursery Nurse Apprentice
Apprenticeship Programme: Children's Care, Play, Learning and Development Level 2
Hours of Work: 16+ hours per week
Days and Times of Work: Rota system between 8am – 6pm, Monday - Friday
Salary: £3.95 per hour
Company: Poppies Day Nursery is a private childcare and education facility, currently registered for 48 children aged from 0-12 years. It is set in a spacious, homely, grade II listed building, providing a cheerful and stimulating environment for children.
- Provide stimulation to the children;
- Maintain a safe and secure environment for the children;
- Plan, organise, supervise and carry out a suitable programme for the age/abilities of the children in your care, under the direction of senior officers and also alone;
- Maintain the safety, security and physical and emotional welfare of the children in the nursery;
- Work positively within the team structure and be included in staff duty rosters;
- Attend staff meetings/training courses outside normal working hours;
- Maintain children’s records through observation and appropriate record keeping;
- Supervise students;
- Put into practice nursery policies;
- Conform to nursery dress codes with respect to jewellery, footwear and hair;
- Respect confidentiality within the Nursery;
- Assist with the preparation and supervision of children’s meals;
- Be responsible for some health and safety routines;
- Maintain the nursery environment, undertaking cleaning duties as requested, as part of your daily routine and also under your own initiative;
- Keep abreast of current issues relating to childcare, education, planning and the inspection process;
- Liaise with other professional bodies, i.e. Social Services, Education Authorities and Health Authorities;
- Settle in new children, liaising with parents;
- Cover for other age groups if and when it aids the organisation of the nursery for you to do so.
- GCSE grade A-C in English is essential;
- Willing to progress onto Level 3 is essential;
- Flexible with working hours is essential.
Closing Date for Applications: Thursday 30th January 2020
Please note that applications received after the closing date may still be considered, subject to the vacancy being filled.
Interview Date: Monday 3rd February & Wednesday 5th February 2020
- You will be contacted by telephone and email throughout the recruitment process; therefore, please ensure the contact details you provide are accurate and that you check your messages regularly.