This is an Apprenticeship Vacancy. The successful candidate will be employed by the company outlined below and receive on-the-job training from them. Alongside this, they will undertake an Apprenticeship Programme with ACT Training and receive support and guidance from an experienced Assessor, to help them achieve the relevant qualifications. Please refer to the Course Outline at the bottom of this page for an overview of the Apprenticeship Programme.
Company Name: Little Angels Nursery
Job Title: Nursery Nurse Apprentice
Apprenticeship Programme: Level 3 Children's Care, Play, Learning and Development
Hours of Work: 32.5 hours per week
Days and Times of Work: Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 3:30pm
Salary: £5.00 per hour
Company Overview: Established in 2016 we are a strong growing company. We currently have 6 Flying Start settings across Cardiff providing exceptional high-quality care and experiences for all children attending. This is an exciting opportunity to join our Little Angels family. You will receive full support and exceptional opportunities to learn and develop your understanding of Early Years and child development. During your time with us you will also receive mandatory external training in Safeguarding, First Aid and Behaviour Management and also have numerous opportunities to further enhance your continuous professional development through additional courses i.e. ensuring and inclusive environment, Makaton, parent nurturing programme etc.
- To work as a member of the setting team, displaying initiative and creativity
- Assisting in providing an atmosphere that is warm, happy and stimulating for the children attending
- Ensuring high standards of care for all children at all times
- Be a positive role model for all children, encouraging the children through praise and listening to their needs
- Delivering the topics and programme of learning, ensuring differentiation for individual children
- Observe and record the children’s progress using company documentation
- Complete daily records of activities and routine for all younger children and report progress to parents
- Develop good communications with parents ensuring that they are greeted on arrival and departure
- Attend all parents meetings and open evenings
- Monitor the health and well-being of children
- Where appropriate, participate as a key worker and be responsible for a specific group of children or child during the settling in sessions
- Assist in creating a stimulating and attractive environment for the children
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
- Ensure all complaints are forwarded to Setting Leader or Deputy
- Oversee maintenance of equipment and toys and report any problems to the Deputy Leader
- Ensure all letters and information is passed on to the parents on a daily basis
- NVQ Level 2 in Childcare or equivalent
- GCSE Math’s & English grade A-C
- A passion for childcare
Closing Date for Applications: Monday 12th April 2021
Please note that applications received after the closing date may still be considered, subject to the vacancy being filled.
Interview Date: To be confirmed
- You will be contacted by telephone and email throughout the recruitment process; therefore, please ensure the contact details you provide are accurate and that you check your messages regularly.