This is an Apprenticeship Vacancy. The successful candidate will be employed by the company outlined below and receive on-the-job training from them. Alongside this, they will undertake an Apprenticeship Programme with ACT Training and receive support and guidance from an experienced Assessor, to help them achieve the relevant qualifications. Please refer to the Course Outline at the bottom of this page for an overview of the Apprenticeship Programme.
Company Name: Hope Day Nursery
Job Title: Nursery Assistant Apprentice
Apprenticeship Programme: Level 2 Children's Care, Play, Learning and Development
Hours of Work: 30 hours per week
Days and Times of Work: Hours on a shift pattern between 7:30am – 6pm, Monday – Friday
Salary: National Minimum Wage for Apprentices - Currently £4.15 per hour
Company Overview: Hope Day Nursery was established in 2007 by Hope Church, and aims to provide quality childcare for the local community. We provide care for children aged 0 – 5 years.
We are looking for hard working, motivated individuals who are looking for a career in childcare. You will need to be able to use your initiative and work as part of a team. Above all, you will be eager to learn about children's early development and how you can make a difference.
- To contribute to a programme of activities suitable to the age range of children in your area in conjunction with other staff
- Support all staff and engage in good team working
- To be flexible within working practices of the nursery. Be prepared to help where needed, including to undertake certain domestic jobs within the nursery, e.g., preparation of snack meals, cleansing of equipment, maintaining a clean environment
- Work alongside the Manager and staff team to ensure that the nursery’s philosophy is fulfilled
- To ensure the provision of a high-quality environment to meet the needs of individual children from differing cultures and religious backgrounds, and stages of development
- Adhere to all nursery policies and procedures
- Clear DBS certificate
- Previous childcare experience
- The ability to work well as part of a team
- The desire to learn whilst working with children 0-5 years
- Safeguarding knowledge and understanding
- A passion for learning and developing children’s skills
Closing Date for Applications: Monday 15th February 2021
Please note that applications received after the closing date may still be considered, subject to the vacancy being filled.
Interview Date: Friday 19th February 2021
- You will be contacted by telephone and email throughout the recruitment process; therefore, please ensure the contact details you provide are accurate and that you check your messages regularly.