This is an Apprenticeship Vacancy. The successful candidate will be employed by the company outlined below and receive on-the-job training from them. Alongside this, they will undertake an Apprenticeship Programme with ACT Training and receive support and guidance from an experienced Assessor, to help them achieve the relevant qualifications. Please refer to the Course Outline at the bottom of this page for an overview of the Apprenticeship Programme.
Company Name: Cylch Meithrin Trelai & Caerau
Job Title: Nursery Assistant Apprentice
Apprenticeship Programme: Level 3 Children's Care, Play, Learning and Development
Hours of Work: 41.5 hours per week
Days and Times of Work: Monday - Friday, 8:15am - 4pm, with two after schools a week, 8:15am - 5:30pm
Salary: National Minimum Wage for Apprentices - Currently £4.15 per hour for the first 12 months, followed by National Minimum Wage (age dependant)
Company Overview: We are a Welsh language nursery setting, caring for children aged 2-12 years as we offer a full wrap around service. We operate from 7.30-5.30pm Monday to Friday, 48 weeks of the year.
We have a lovely group of employees who all get along and are very welcoming to new staff and approachable.
We have all completed the level 3 qualification and are happy to help with course work.
The children are enthusiastic and love to engage in activities, it is rewarding to watch them grow and develop before they transition to Primary school.
Our breakfast and after school club consist of older children up to the age of 12 who enjoy participating in board games, fools ball, educational i-pads, outdoor play such as football, rugby and rounders and homework club.
- Setting up activities
- Engaging with the children on activities
- Changing children, following a toileting accident
- Following a robust daily rota
- Completing paperwork relating to the children’s development
- Being aware of signs of safeguarding
- Attending mandatory and voluntary courses to develop knowledge of working with children
- Working as part of a team
- Serving lunch/snacks
- Adopting our Policies and procedures
- Behaving in a professional manner at all times
- Welsh speaking
- Ambition to work with children
- Level 2 Childcare
Closing Date for Applications: Monday 4th January 2021
Please note that applications received after the closing date may still be considered, subject to the vacancy being filled.
Interview Date: To be confirmed
- You will be contacted by telephone and email throughout the recruitment process; therefore, please ensure the contact details you provide are accurate and that you check your messages regularly.