This is an Apprenticeship Vacancy. The successful candidate will be employed by the company outlined below and receive on-the-job training from them. Alongside this, they will undertake an Apprenticeship Programme with ACT Training and receive support and guidance from an experienced Assessor, to help them achieve the relevant qualifications. Please refer to the Course Outline at the bottom of this page for an overview of the Apprenticeship Programme.
Company Name: Buttercups Day Nursery
Job Title: Nursery Apprentice
Apprenticeship Programme: Child Care Play Learning and Development level 3
Hours of Work: 40 hours a week
Days and Times of Work: Between the hours of 7.30am and 6pm
Salary: £5.75 an hour
We are looking for a Nursery Apprentice to complete their level 3 qualification here at Buttercups Day Nursery.
We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic and has a passion for helping children to develop and grow.
Paediatric First Aid, Food hygiene and Safeguarding training preferred however not essential as training opportunities will be available.
As part of your daily routine you will take part in story time, messy play and other physical activities. You will also encourage and support the children to be independent with things such as meal times.
A requirement for this position is that you complete and submit all your tasks, set out to you by your tutor. The qualification will need to be obtained within in a timely manner.
- To meet with training provider and complete assignments on time.
- Under supervision provide all aspects of care for children including washing, changing and feeding
- To assist with meeting the personal, social and emotional needs of individual children
- To attend all training relevant to the role and deemed appropriate by the manager
- To be aware of and abide by the nursery’s confidentiality policy, and all other policies the manager deems appropriate
- Good team player
- Committed Individual
Previous experience within childcare
Closing Date for Applications: 16 May 2021
Please note that applications received after the closing date may still be considered, subject to the vacancy being filled.
Interview Date: w/c 31 May 2021
- You will be contacted by telephone and email throughout the recruitment process; therefore, please ensure the contact details you provide are accurate and that you check your messages regularly.