This is an Apprenticeship Vacancy. The successful candidate will be employed by the company outlined below and receive on-the-job training from them. Alongside this, they will undertake an Apprenticeship Programme with ACT Training and receive support and guidance from an experienced Assessor, to help them achieve the relevant qualifications. Please refer to the Course Outline at the bottom of this page for an overview of the Apprenticeship Programme.
Company Name: Vale of Glamorgan Council
Job Title: Locality Adult Services Apprentice
Apprenticeship Programme: Business Administration Level 2
Hours of Work: 30 hours per week
Days and Times of Work: Monday to Friday
Salary: National Minimum Wage (age dependant)
Company Overview: The Locality Administration Team provide administration support to the following Adult Services Teams: Occupational Therapy, Longer Term Care Service, Community Mental Health Team for Older People. The Team perform the administrative tasks necessary for the Adult Services Teams, and other Locality Teams, at Canolfan Ty Jenner and Llanfair Unit, to function, which allows staff from these teams to focus on their roles.
As a large public sector organisation, it is important to us that we support the economic well being of our citizens and that our workforce better reflects the communities we serve.
Key Duties: An opportunity has arisen for an apprentice to join the Locality Administration Team for a fixed term of up to 15 months or until an NVQ2 qualification in Business Administration has been completed.
During their time with the team, the apprentice will gain experience in a wide range of administration tasks whilst supporting the Adult Services Teams. They will also gain experience of reception duties and assisting with the general day to day running of a busy centre.
- Good all-round computer knowledge, including computer-based information systems (Microsoft Access, Excel);
- Good communication skills;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Computer literate;
- Ability to manage and retrieve information;
- Ability to prioritise workloads and work under pressure;
- Ability to work in a constantly changing environment;
- Team worker;
- Willingness to undertake training;
- Ability to use initiative.
To be considered for this position, please click on the link below and apply via the following website: - https://www.valeofglamorgan.gov.uk/en/our_council/jobs/details.aspx?jobId=494&jobTitle=Locality%20Adult%20Services%20Apprentice
Closing Date for Applications: Tuesday 19th November 2019
Please note that applications received after the closing date may still be considered, subject to the vacancy being filled.
Interview Date: To be confirmed
- You will be contacted by telephone and email throughout the recruitment process; therefore, please ensure the contact details you provide are accurate and that you check your messages regularly.