This is an Apprenticeship Vacancy. The successful candidate will be employed by the company outlined below and receive on-the-job training from them. Alongside this, they will undertake an Apprenticeship Programme with ACT Training and receive support and guidance from an experienced Assessor, to help them achieve the relevant qualifications. Please refer to the Course Outline at the bottom of this page for an overview of the Apprenticeship Programme.
Company Name: Newport High School
Job Title: IT Support Apprentice
Apprenticeship Programme: IT Users Level 3
Hours of Work: Full-time hours
Days and Times of Work: To be confirmed
Salary: £12,570 per annum
Job Purpose: To provide efficient and effective IT Support for the IT Support team and School staff / students. To complete Level 3 Apprenticeship in IT User Skills for Supporting Learning and Teaching in Schools, within agreed timescales.
- To assist and support the IT Support Team
- To respond to staff and students that need IT and AV support
- To carry out filing, photocopying and replenish copier consumables when required
- Assist with supporting primary schools IT services that the school run
- Setup IT hardware and perform troubleshooting of IT equipment
- Laptop / Chromebook hardware repairs
- To provide general assistance when required
- To be aware of your responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Act
- To ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements in respect of Equality and Diversity,
Confidentiality and Data Protection
- To communicate effectively with staff, outside professionals and agencies.
- Be willing to undertake further development and training as deemed appropriate to the role
- Educated to GCSE Standard including Grades A*-C (or 4-8) in English and Maths.
- Demonstrate ICT Experience.
- No formal experience is required, but an active interest in IT and computer networks is a must.
- Excellent Communication, ICT and Literacy Skills
- Good self-organisation and attention to detail.
- Good Listener
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Must be committed to the Apprentice Scheme and achievement of the full Apprenticeship qualification
- Understand the need and apply principles of confidentiality when dealing with sensitive information
- Be able to deliver work in a professional and personable manner
- Be able to work flexibly around the demands of the service
- Be able to engage in all academic requirements and be an independent learner when required
- Commit to personal and professional development
- Knowledge of the Public Sector
Please click on the following link and apply for the Apprenticeship Vacancy on the Newport City Council website. (Please note any applications received on the ACT website, will not be shortlisted)
Closing Date for Applications: 16/06/2021
- You will be contacted by telephone and email throughout the recruitment process; therefore, please ensure the contact details you provide are accurate and that you check your messages regularly.