This is an Apprenticeship Vacancy. The successful candidate will be employed by the company outlined below and receive on-the-job training from them. Alongside this, they will undertake an Apprenticeship Programme with ACT Training and receive support and guidance from an experienced Assessor, to help them achieve the relevant qualifications. Please refer to the Course Outline at the bottom of this page for an overview of the Apprenticeship Programme.
Company Name: Freight Systems Express Wales
Job Title: International Freight Forwarding Apprentice
Apprenticeship Programme: Business Administration Level 2
Hours of Work: 42.5 hours per week
Times of Work: 08.30am – 17.00pm, with 1 hour lunch per day
Salary: Above the National Minimum Wage for Apprentices - To be discussed at the time of interview depending on previous experience and circumstances
Company Overview: FSEW are an International Freight Forwarder based in South Wales only Rail Terminal. Working with a Worldwide list of customers ranging from Asia / America / Australasia and Europe every day is a different challenge.
FSEW are only looking for customer focused hard working individuals with driver to succeed – In return you will be given your first step into the exciting world of Logistics. You will be working with colleagues who have vast experience and knowledge to pass on.
A company that rewards individuals not only financially but with training and an open-ended possibility of promotions and career opportunities if you grasp them.
- 20 days, 8 bank holidays leave a year – PLUS YOUR BIRTHDAY OFF ON US;
- Free on-site parking;
- Monthly rewards and bonuses, chances to win trips away.
But most of all a real opportunity for someone to build a career in one of the fastest moving industries around.
- Assisting the Freight Forwarding team with the administration of all Import and Export for all merchant containers;
- Liaising with customers to book new sailings;
- Assisting with the administrative duties relating to the shipping of containers;
- Ensuring information is correct on our system in order for administration to invoice and accrue costs correctly;
- Office day to day administration and house keeping;
- On the job learning of how to become a leading Freight Forwarder and deal with customs and excise all over the World
- Good attendance in School / College;
- Must hold a driving license;
- Very IT competent;
- Studied for GCSE / A Levels - Desirable;
- Speak a foreign language / Mandarin would be very beneficial - Desirable.
Closing Date for Applications: Monday 17th February 2020
Please note that applications received after the closing date may still be considered, subject to the vacancy being filled.
Interview Date: To be confirmed
- You will be contacted by telephone and email throughout the recruitment process; therefore, please ensure the contact details you provide are accurate and that you check your messages regularly.