This is an Apprenticeship Vacancy. The successful candidate will be employed by the company outlined below and receive on-the-job training from them. Alongside this, they will undertake an Apprenticeship Programme with ACT Training and receive support and guidance from an experienced Assessor, to help them achieve the relevant qualifications. Please refer to the Course Outline at the bottom of this page for an overview of the Apprenticeship Programme.
Company Name: Osbourne Lodge Nursery
Job Title: Housekeeper Apprentice
Apprenticeship Programme: Cleaning & Support Services Level 2
Hours of Work: 16 hours per week
Days and Times of Work: Monday to Friday, 3 - 4 hours a day. Times to be discussed.
Salary: National Minimum Wage for Apprentices - Currently £4.15 per hour
Company Overview: We are a well established Day Care Nursery in Pontypool Town Centre. We have a great team of staff which could benefit greatly from the back up of a fun and vibrant housekeeper.
- Deep cleans of the Nursery environment and toys including the garden
- Hoovering and mopping
- Regular disinfection of touch points and high use areas
- Assisting in general light maintenance and displays
- Organisation and tidying
- Assisting practitioners with projects such as reorganizing furniture, toys and equipment
- Reporting faults or maintenance issues
- Restocking and organizing cleaning equipment
- A love of cleaning and organizing
- Ability to follow instructions, guidelines and confidentiality
- The want to learn, progress and start to use own initiative
- Present yourself in a clean and well-groomed manner
- No swearing, gum or behaviour which reflects in a poor manner on the business, both personally or on social media
- We would love you to accept ownership of your role and do it with confidence (this will be supported to allow you to build to this point)
- Interest in children, ability to interact in an appropriate way with children and adults
Closing Date for Applications: Thursday 11th February 2021
Please note that applications received after the closing date may still be considered, subject to the vacancy being filled.
Interview Date: As soon as possible
- You will be contacted by telephone and email throughout the recruitment process; therefore, please ensure the contact details you provide are accurate and that you check your messages regularly.