This is an Apprenticeship Vacancy. The successful candidate will be employed by the company outlined below and receive on-the-job training from them. Alongside this, they will undertake an Apprenticeship Programme with ACT Training and receive support and guidance from an experienced Assessor, to help them achieve the relevant qualifications. Please refer to the Course Outline at the bottom of this page for an overview of the Apprenticeship Programme.
Company Name: David Simons Accommodation
Job Title: Holiday Accommodation Operator Apprentice
Apprenticeship Programme: Facilities Services Level 2
Hours of Work: 30 hours per week (can be flexible)
Days and Times of Work: 9.30am to 16.30pm (Occasionally start and time will be earlier/later).
28 days paid holiday including bank holidays to be taken outside main holiday seasons where possible.
Salary: Initially £5 per hour or National Minimum Wage (age dependant) - To be reviewed after 4 months
Company Overview: A 3 and 4 star VisitWales accredited accommodation business has an opportunity to learn how QUALITY and LEAN processes deliver customer value. A new 5-star building is under development so there will be future prospects in a growing local enterprise.
- Changeover of self catering units involving laundry, cleaning and preparing for customers;
- Property maintenance including internal decoration and external appearance, particularly garden areas.
- Literacy and Numeracy - Demonstration of basic competence through GCSE or equivalent qualifications;
- Interest in customer service through attention to detail;
- Basic knowledge of one or more of maintenance, painting, gardening.
Closing Date for Applications: Tuesday 5th January 2021
Please note that applications received after the closing date may still be considered, subject to the vacancy being filled.
Interview Date: Week commencing 6th January 2021
- You will be contacted by telephone and email throughout the recruitment process; therefore, please ensure the contact details you provide are accurate and that you check your messages regularly.