This is an Apprenticeship Vacancy. The successful candidate will be employed by the company outlined below and receive on-the-job training from them. Alongside this, they will undertake an Apprenticeship Programme with ACT Training and receive support and guidance from an experienced Assessor, to help them achieve the relevant qualifications. Please refer to the Course Outline at the bottom of this page for an overview of the Apprenticeship Programme.
Company Name: Adorn Hair Studio
Job Title: Hairdressing Apprentice
Apprenticeship Programme: Hairdressing Level 2
Hours of Work: 33 hours per week
Days and Times of Work: Tuesday & Friday, 10am - 5pm; Wednesday, 12pm - 7pm; Thursday & Saturday, 10am - 4pm.
Salary: National Minimum Wage for Apprentices (£3.90 per hour)
Contract Duration: 12 months
Company Overview: Adorn Hair Studio is a small business that prides themselves on a personal service and relaxed atmosphere. All members of staff have been trained personally by the Salon Owner, who was a staff trainer and manager in a leading hair salon group across the UK and Australia. The owner will provide the right applicant a great opportunity to join the team and receive top quality training from 30 years experience.
Key Duties: The successful candidate will carry out the following tasks: -
- Cover reception and carry out related duties
- Deliver high quality customer service to both clients and staff
- Carry out general cleaning and maintenance duties
- Assisting with shampooing and removing hair colours
- All aspects of hairdressing
- Adhere to health and safety regulations.
- Good timekeeping and attendance
- Willingness to learn new skills
- No qualifications needed as full training will be provided.
Closing Date for Applications: Monday 2nd September 2019
Please note that applications received after the closing date may still be considered, subject to the vacancy being filled.
Interview Date: Monday 9th September 2019
- You will be contacted by telephone and email throughout the recruitment process; therefore, please ensure the contact details you provide are accurate and that you check your messages regularly.
- Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regret that we are unable to contact applicants that are not selected for interview.