This is an Apprenticeship Vacancy. The successful candidate will be employed by the company outlined below and receive on-the-job training from them. Alongside this, they will undertake an Apprenticeship Programme with ACT Training and receive support and guidance from an experienced Assessor, to help them achieve the relevant qualifications. Please refer to the Course Outline at the bottom of this page for an overview of the Apprenticeship Programme.
Company Name: Vale of Glamorgan Council
Job Title: Exchequer Apprentice
Apprenticeship Programme: Business Administration Level 2
Hours of Work: 30 hours per week
Days of Work: Monday to Friday
Salary: £4.62 - £8.91 per Hour
Company Overview: We have an exciting new opportunity for a Business Administration Apprentice to join our busy Exchequer Team within our Finance Division. This is an ideal position for a conscientious, enthusiastic and motivated individual who is interested in working within a financial environment. You will also work towards gaining a Foundation Apprenticeship in Business Administration and the successful applicant would be dealing with financial matters on a daily basis whilst also supporting the administration of Local Taxation within the Vale of Glamorgan.
- Providing support to the Exchequer Section;
- Advising Customers on matters relating to the collection of council tax.
- Recording incoming correspondence on computerised and manual systems as necessary;
- Keeping up to date and familiar with Government Legislation and Regulations including participation in staff development and training;
- Commitment to obtaining a Foundation Apprenticeship in Business Administration;
- Maintaining confidentiality of personal data in accordance with Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulations 2018;
- Operating systems through a Personal Computer;
- Ensure compliance with the Council’s Financial Regulations, Standing Orders, Policies and Procedures;
- Adhere to Health and Safety legislation / relevant Council policies and procedures and to take reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself and other persons who may be adversely
affected by your acts / omissions.
- Implement the principles of the Council's Environment Policy while carrying out the above duties.
- Implementing the principles of the Council’s Equal Opportunities Policy while carrying out the above duties;
- To report without delay any safeguarding concerns to the appropriate safeguarding officer.
- Such other duties and responsibilities commensurate with the grade and in accordance with the general character of the job as may reasonably be required by the Chief Officer from time to time.
- Experience of clerical or administrative duties
- Good verbal and communication skills
- ICT skills
- 5 GCSE’s grade A to C grades / O levels including English and Mathematics or equivalent.
In order to apply for the following position, please click on the following link and apply via the Vale of Glamorgan website (Please note, any applications received through the ACT website, will not be shortlisted).
Closing Date for Applications: 15th June 2021
Please note that applications received after the closing date may still be considered, subject to the vacancy being filled.
Interview Date: To be confirmed
- You will be contacted by telephone and email throughout the recruitment process; therefore, please ensure the contact details you provide are accurate and that you check your messages regularly.