This is an Apprenticeship Vacancy. The successful candidate will be employed by the company outlined below and receive on-the-job training from them. Alongside this, they will undertake an Apprenticeship Programme with ACT Training and receive support and guidance from an experienced Assessor, to help them achieve the relevant qualifications. Please refer to the Course Outline at the bottom of this page for an overview of the Apprenticeship Programme.
Company Name: The Salvation Army
Job Title: Employability Support Apprentice
Apprenticeship Programme: Business Administration Level 3
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week
Salary: £15,233.28 per annum
Company Overview: Motivated by the Compassion of Christ, The Salvation Army seeks to help unemployed people out of welfare dependence and to achieve their full potential by making a positive difference in their lives.
Everything we do will be underpinned by our core values, demonstrated within our daily practice and measured against our priorities of Transformation, Integration, Discipleship and Effectiveness.
- As directed, you would need to undertake a work programme to develop practical skills, knowledge and experience of Employability Support, including:
- Case loading;
- Person centered support;
- Team working;
- Motivational interviewing;
- Action planning;
- Employability legalisation.
- GCSE's or equivalent in English, Mathematics and Information Technology are essential;
- Must be able to follow instructions and learn new tasks;
- Must be able to work flexibly as part of a team
- Must have the ability to work in a community focused environment
- Must have good work ethic
- Must have a desire to work with those disadvantaged by unemployment
- Must be willing to take responsibility for their own development
- Must be punctual
- Must be able to work within the Christian ethos of The Salvation Army
- Must be able to travel within region to gain experience of all aspects of our delivery.
In order to be considered for the role, you need to apply via the following website;
Closing Date for Applications: Wednesday 13th November 2019
Please note that applications received after the closing date may still be considered, subject to the vacancy being filled.
Interview Date: To be confirmed
- You will be contacted by telephone and email throughout the recruitment process; therefore, please ensure the contact details you provide are accurate and that you check your messages regularly.