This is an Apprenticeship Vacancy. The successful candidate will be employed by the company outlined below and receive on-the-job training from them. Alongside this, they will undertake an Apprenticeship Programme with ACT Training and receive support and guidance from an experienced Assessor, to help them achieve the relevant qualifications. Please refer to the Course Outline at the bottom of this page for an overview of the Apprenticeship Programme.
Company Name: Palletways Cardiff
Job Title: Customer Service Apprentice
Apprenticeship Programme: Customer Service Level 2
Hours of Work: 45 hours per week - excluding 30 min unpaid break per day (Total paid hours will be 42.5 per week)
Days and Times of Work: Monday – Friday, 08:00am – 05:00pm
Salary: £5.80 per hour
Company Overview: Customer Services is the frontline of our transport company and is the person that our customers interact with as a first point of contact on a day-to-day basis.
Palletways is the largest Pallet Network in the UK, holding more than 25% of the market share. We strive to do our best by our customers and achieve this through empowering our staff and achieving a great working environment.
An opportunity exists for an apprentice to learn about Customer Services, in a growing industry, in an environment that will inspire you and with a team whom will support you all the way.
- Service Monitoring – identify and check the status of deliveries and collections for our customers. Reported internally and escalated externally as necessary;
- Discrepancies – reporting misrepresented freight to other depots and our customers, to ensure revenue and costs are captured and aligned;
- Management system maintenance – ensuring all notes are entered onto the system in real time, which accurately reflect the status of our customers freight;
- Inter-depot charging – ensuring that all inter-depot charges which arise due to other depots failing to complete their obligation for our customers, are raised and charged. Also defending our depot from charges where we deem them to be incorrect;
- Social media – management of the social media accounts for the depot, across multiple platforms;
- Health and Safety - To take reasonable care for your own Health & Safety and anyone who may be affected by your acts or omissions, additionally to co-operate with Palletways, so far as is necessary to enable the company to comply with its legal duties in respect of Health & Safety;
- Cost control - To control costs on a daily basis including all resource costs and adopt a continual improvement philosophy. Report all additional costs to line manager weekly documenting all additional spends and raising PO's as requested/expected;
- Interacting with depots/customers - The effective, professional and proactive resolution of all queries from depot/customers relating to deliveries/collections;
- Failed jobs - Ensure all failed deliveries/collections are investigated and appropriate action taken, reported back to the customer where necessary;
- Communication - Communicate daily with line manager updating them on issues and activities. Communicate effectively with colleagues using the appropriate style, method and tools available. Handovers should be completed in full with relevant details for other departments/shifts so that everyone is fully briefed and aware of the current situation;
- Contribute to excellent depot performance - Exceed the depot budget by revenue and pallet volumes and have a clear understanding of how your role impacts the depot performance. Support the business as required.
***Must be aged 16-19***
- Proactive approach to problem solving and transport management;
- Highly effective communicator at all levels with the use of various methods;
- Commercial acumen - cost control approach to operations;
- Process driven;
- IT Skills - Excel, word, transport management systems;
- Work as part of a team.
Closing Date for Applications: Tuesday 28th January 2020
Please note that applications received after the closing date may still be considered, subject to the vacancy being filled
Interview Date: To be confirmed
- You will be contacted by telephone and email throughout the recruitment process; therefore, please ensure the contact details you provide are accurate and that you check your messages regularly.