This is an Apprenticeship Vacancy. The successful candidate will be employed by the company outlined below and receive on-the-job training from them. Alongside this, they will undertake an Apprenticeship Programme with ACT Training and receive support and guidance from an experienced Assessor, to help them achieve the relevant qualifications. Please refer to the Course Outline at the bottom of this page for an overview of the Apprenticeship Programme.
Company Name: Blossom Tree Nursery
Job Title: Childcare Apprentice
Apprenticeship Programme: Children's Care, Play, Learning and Development Level 2
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week
Days and Times of Work: Monday-Friday, 8:30am-4:00pm
Salary: £4.30 per hour
Company Overview: Are you interested in a rewarding career in childcare? Are you looking for a way to work whilst gaining a recognised qualification? We are recruiting a full time apprentice at our Curiosity Inspired nursery.
Apprentice rate: £4.30 per hour for the first year of the programme.
You will receive excellent on the job training and support and a recognised qualification in childcare.
The apprentice position may lead to a permanent position upon completion of the qualification.
Are you interested in a rewarding career in childcare?
Are you looking for a way to work whilst gaining a recognised qualification?
We are recruiting a full time apprentice at our Curiosity Inspired nursery.
Why join us?
Support for personal development through funded training; Opportunity for a permanent contract; Discounted childcare; Recognition and celebration of long service; Professional well-being support package for all staff; Uniform
We are looking for someone who:
- Has a warm smiling face that makes every child feel special
- Is able to laugh at jokes they don't understand, or don't find funny!
- Preferably has a little bit of quirkiness
- If a child requests that they be a captain of a pirate ship, they will be the best pirate captain they can be!
- Doesn't have to have the ability to be able to sing in tune, but must have the confidence to sing out of tune in front of a crowd
- Must be able to distribute warm hugs, as and when required
- Must possess the skills required to rapidly count the heads of numerous moving small people. This is of the utmost importance
- Must be comfortable entering public places on the way home from work, with unknown substances on their clothing
- Must have the ability to pretend to eat playdough creations realistically. This is an essential requirement along with drinking numerous cups of pretend tea
- Must have the ability to read a ten page story, upside down, with at least 4 interruptions per page
- Must be prepared to have lots of fun in the workplace. Laughter is something you can expect to engage in for a large part of your working day
- Loves being outside come rain or shine
- Finally, you must be prepared to feel loved, special and important to many young children and their families. There is simply no other job quite like it
- If the above sounds like you, and you think you fit the criteria, we would love to hear from you!
- As a successful applicant you will work alongside an experienced team of practitioners to engage and support the children in our care, aged 6 weeks-11 years
- A genuine Interest in childcare, desire to learn and a commitment to expanding your skill set is essential
Closing Date for Applications: Monday 15th March 2021
Please note that applications received after the closing date may still be considered, subject to the vacancy being filled.
Interview Date: To be confirmed
- You will be contacted by telephone and email throughout the recruitment process; therefore, please ensure the contact details you provide are accurate and that you check your messages regularly.