This is an Apprenticeship Vacancy. The successful candidate will be employed by the company outlined below and receive on-the-job training from them. Alongside this, they will undertake an Apprenticeship Programme with ACT Training and receive support and guidance from an experienced Assessor, to help them achieve the relevant qualifications. Please refer to the Course Outline at the bottom of this page for an overview of the Apprenticeship Programme.
Company Name: UK SBS
Job Title: Business Administration Apprentice
Apprenticeship Programme: Business Administration Level 2
Hours of Work: 37 hours per week
Days and Times of Work: Monday - Friday, 08.30am - 16.30pm or 09:00am - 17:00pm
Salary: £14,246 per annum
Company Overview: UK SBS is an organisation whose purpose is to support their clients by allowing them to focus their resources on doing what they do best, by providing the following range of professional business services to our clients;
- Human Resources and Payroll
- Information Technology
Our clients include UK Research and Innovation (UKRI), the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) and other Partner Organisations. At UK SBS, service excellence means more than completing transactions. The organisation has been set up to deliver added value for our clients. This means our people make a big contribution to the value we offer through specialist knowledge and high standards of service.
As an Apprentice within one of our service delivery teams, your role will be to deliver a great customer experience and support our HR, Finance and Procurement functions to deliver an excellent service. Your time will be split between 80% on the job training and 20% spent training off the job with ACT.
As an Apprentice you will be trained in delivering the following:
- Processing and resolving requests accurately from our customers and in line with service level agreements;
- Investigating and resolving queries from customers and suppliers;
- Liaising with customers/ suppliers by phone, email and via our internal service request system, where follow up is needed;
- Prioritising workloads & ensuring tasks are completed to a high standard and on time;
- Inputting data accurately into our internal IT systems;
- Building and maintaining good relationships with customers and colleagues;
- Working collaboratively on cross-team tasks and projects while achieving personal and team objectives;
- Proactively looking for ways to improve our processes;
- Ensuring that customer and client data is always handled securely in line with G.D.P.R.
- Able to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing;
- Good interpersonal skills, including ability to build positive relationships with customers and colleagues;
- Ability to follow processes effectively;
- Good numeracy and accurate data entry skills;
- Good organisational skills and able to prioritise workloads;
- Able to identify issues that need to be escalated and resolved at a senior level;
- Able to problem solve;
- Recognises the importance of confidentiality;
- IT literate and confident in using Outlook and Microsoft Office;
Must have 5 GCSEs including Maths, English and ICT (A*- C) or be willing to undertake the Wales Essential skills.
Closing Date for Applications: Monday 4th November 2019
Please note that applications received after the closing date may still be considered, subject to the vacancy being filled.
Interview Date: To be confirmed
- You will be contacted by telephone and email throughout the recruitment process; therefore, please ensure the contact details you provide are accurate and that you check your messages regularly.