This is an Apprenticeship Vacancy. The successful candidate will be employed by the company outlined below and receive on-the-job training from them. Alongside this, they will undertake an Apprenticeship Programme with ACT Training and receive support and guidance from an experienced Assessor, to help them achieve the relevant qualifications. Please refer to the Course Outline at the bottom of this page for an overview of the Apprenticeship Programme.
Company Name: Energy Assets
Job Title: Apprentice Warehouse / Stores Technician
Apprenticeship Programme: Warehousing & Storage Level 2
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week
Days and Times of Work: Monday to Friday, 6:00am - 6:00pm
Salary: £14,400 per annum
Contract Duration: Permanent upon completion of Apprenticeship Programme
Key Duties: The successful candidate will perform an array of functions that may include receiving and processing incoming stock and materials, picking and filling orders from stock, packing and shipping orders, or managing, organising and retrieving stock in the warehouse. Maintaining a clean and tidy working area/environment.
During the Apprenticeship, the successful candidate will work towards their qualification, whilst being able to apply their learning to the real life business environment. In turn, they will receive first class training, excellent conditions and experience of working with a leading employer.
Key duties will include: -
- Assist shipping and receiving unloading trucks and checking in stock/equipment/products;
- Locate and transport assets within the warehouse;
- Maintain inventories, material receipt and dispatch within the required deadlines;
- Maintaining a safe and tidy facility with all items situated within the correct locations;
- Arrange onward transportation of assets to manufacturers, service providers, recyclers, as appropriate;
- Maintain inventory controls by collecting stock location orders, printing request, recording amounts of materials or items received or distributed manually/electronically. May also assist in counting of physical inventory;
- Undertake visual examination of meters and installation kit to determine condition, and identify optimum course of action for dealing with removed assets;
- Record and communicate results of visual examinations in the required format, sometimes carrying out basic mechanical works;
- Work within operating procedures/standards for the stores;
- Compare information on documentation to shipments received or issued to verify accuracy of order; complete requisitions, inventory or invoices and other documentation related to the delivery or shipment;
- Carry out any reasonable task within your capabilities as instructed by your Manager;
- Prepare parcels for mailing/shipping;
- Wear the proper safety equipment.
At times, this will be a physically demanding role, involving manual handling – lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling, etc.
- Minimum age of 18 is essential
- Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent is preferred;
- Good communication, organisational, time management and mathematical skills;
- Dependable, reliable, motivated and enthusiastic;
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office - Excel and Word.
Closing Date for Applications: Friday 27th September 2019.
Please note that applications received after the closing date may still be considered, subject to the vacancy being filled.
Interview Date: Wednesday 9th October 2019.
- You will be contacted by telephone and email throughout the recruitment process; therefore, please ensure the contact details you provide are accurate and that you check your messages regularly.
- Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regret that we are unable to contact applicants that are not selected for interview.