This is an Apprenticeship Vacancy. The successful candidate will be employed by the company outlined below and receive on-the-job training from them. Alongside this, they will undertake the Warehousing & Storage level 3 apprenticeship programme with ACT Training and receive support and guidance from an experienced Assessor, to help them achieve the relevant qualifications. Please refer to the Course Outline at the bottom of this page for an overview of the Apprenticeship Programme.
Company Name: Goose Island
Location: Swansea Enterprise Park, Swansea
Job Title: Apprentice Warehouse Administrator
Apprenticeship Programme: Warehousing & Storage Level 3
Hours of Work: 32.5 per week
Days and Times of Work: Monday – Friday, 9.30am – 4.30pm with a 30 minute break
Salary: £4.25 per hour to start
Contract Duration: 18 months
Company Overview: Goose Island is a women’s clothing brand associated with individuality, quality and comfort. We source a large percentage of our products from Italy and have a large UK and European customer base. We currently have 3 retail stores in Cowbridge, Mumbles and Llandeilo, as well as a thriving wholesale and online retail business.
- Checking in on deliveries and organising purchase orders
- Picking and packing orders
- De-threading and ensuring the products are of a good quality
- Invoicing and delivery note production
- Returning goods
- Booking in deliveries
- Stock control and stock taking
- General admin duties
- Customer care
- Taking photographs of products and uploading them onto the website
- Organising and controlling sample products
- Liaising with retail stores regarding stock (this will include regular visits)
- Housekeeping duties as and when required
- Upkeep of our online stock management system.
- **Applicants must be aged 16-19 to be considered for this position**
- Computer literate (basic knowledge in Word and Excel)
- Driving license is essential.
Closing Date for Applications: Wednesday 11th September 2019
Please note that applications received after the closing date may still be considered, subject to the vacancy being filled.
Interview Date: To be confirmed
- You will be contacted by telephone and email throughout the recruitment process; therefore, please ensure the contact details you provide are accurate and that you check your messages regularly.
- Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regret that we are unable to contact applicants that are not selected for interview.