This is an Apprenticeship Vacancy. The successful candidate will be employed by the company outlined below and receive on-the-job training from them. Alongside this, they will undertake an Apprenticeship Programme with ACT Training and receive support and guidance from an experienced Assessor, to help them achieve the relevant qualifications. Please refer to the Course Outline at the bottom of this page for an overview of the Apprenticeship Programme.
Company Name: Enfys Hapus Nursery
Job Title: Apprentice Nursery Nurse
Apprenticeship Programme: Level 3 Children’s Care, Play, Learning and Development
Hours of Work: 16 hours per week
Days of Work: Tuesday - Thursday
Salary: National Minimum Wage (dependent on age)
Company Overview: An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Apprentice Nursery Nurse to join our expanding nursery team at Enfys Hapus Nursery.
Enfys Hapus Nursery is a new family run nursery based on Cathedral Road, offering children the best possible start and parents the peace of mind their little ones are fully cared for. Enfys Hapus Nursery is under new management, since March 2019, and our ethos is to ensure children learn and develop in a safe and stimulating environment – as supported by the UNCRC, the Welsh Curriculum and various governmental legislation.
We are seeking to employ a highly motivated, enthusiastic and conscientious practitioner who can work well as part of a team, have high expectations, and always provide a high quality of care and education to our children. We welcome all applicants and are looking to expand our nursery to ensure children have the best possible start in life, while also furthering your career and development within our team!
- To ensure that all children in the care of Enfys Hapus Nursery are cared for in the highest standard no matter their age or abilities. Ensuring that all children are treated equally;
- To always have the children’s best interests at the forefront of all that is done;
- To ensure that all CIW regulations are followed. All paperwork is completed and stored correctly;
- To ensure that all parents/carers are happy leaving their children in the care of Enfys Hapus Nursery;
- To be a small number of children’s key-worker. Ensuring that the children in your care are able to thrive, through careful planning, preparation and care;
- To ensure that the programme of activities delivered is interesting, valuable and appropriate for all children at Enfys Hapus Nursery – ensuring that all aspects of their health and wellbeing are thought of. Ensuring that activities are engaging, interesting, have purpose and fun!
- To ensure that every child has a voice, is listened to and has opportunities to make their own decisions. Acting as play partners and supporting children to develop their skills in their own way;
- To provide appropriate physical care to all children, according to their individual needs. This includes personal care;
- To ensure that the needs of all children are met and if appropriate liaise with other professionals in the child’s best interest;
- To allow appropriate risk within the play environment;
- To ensure any child protection concerns are reported to the deputy or manager as soon as they happen and recorded in accordance with Enfys Hapus Nursery Safeguarding Procedures;
- To follow our healthy well-being ethos – providing healthy meals, snack, activities and environments that help children to grow and develop in a healthy way;
- To work as part of a bright and varied staff team. Working together to develop a day care setting that is of high standard where children are the very foundation of all that we do;
- To work alongside students, trainees and volunteers, providing support and encouragement as needed;
- To ensure all parents, carers, professionals and visitors are made to feel welcome on visiting the setting;
- To ensure that the health and safety of the setting a paramount – any issues are reported and dealt with appropriately;
- To actively participate in supervision, team meetings, staff training and be invested in your future at Enfys Hapus Nursery, through training programmes and professional development;
- To maintain written records in accordance with Enfys Hapus Nurseries policies and procedures;
- To contribute to the corporate responsibility for service delivery and contribute to and act within Enfys Hapus Nursery, procedures and guidelines.
- Level 2 in Child Care, Learning and Development is ESSENTIAL;
- Knowledge of the Foundation Phase and CIW is ESSENTIAL;
- The ability to speak Welsh is desirable;
- Full UK drivers license and access to own vehicle is desirable;
- Experience within a nursery setting in desirable.
Closing Date for Applications: Monday 30th March 2020
Please note that applications received after the closing date may still be considered, subject to the vacancy being filled.
Interview Date: To be confirmed
- You will be contacted by telephone and email throughout the recruitment process; therefore, please ensure the contact details you provide are accurate and that you check your messages regularly.