This is an Apprenticeship Vacancy. The successful candidate will be employed by the company outlined below and receive on-the-job training from them. Alongside this, they will undertake an Apprenticeship Programme with ACT Training and receive support and guidance from an experienced Assessor, to help them achieve the relevant qualifications. Please refer to the Course Outline at the bottom of this page for an overview of the Apprenticeship Programme.
Company Name: Sunnybank Children’s Nursery
Job Title: Apprentice Nursery Nurse
Apprenticeship Programme: Children's Care, Play, Learning and Development Level 2
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week
Days and Times of Work: Monday – Friday various shift patterns between 8am - 6pm (8am - 5pm, 8.30am - 5.30pm, 9am -6pm)
Salary: National Minimum Wage for Apprentices - £3.90 per hour
Company Overview: We are currently looking for an Apprentice Nursery Nurse to join the team.
We are looking for someone passionate, Enthusiastic, creative, flexible and reliable to work as part of a busy nursery in central Newport.
We are a large, busy nursery with excellent opportunities to learn and extend skills with potential for a full time permanent position as a valued member of staff.
We are a happy and welcoming team excited to meet new people and offer support throughout training to help gain the relevant skills needed within the childcare sector.
- Assist staff with daily duties within the nursery – cleaning, and setting up for the start/end of day;
- Attend to a child's personal hygiene needs;
- Supporting children with daily activities;
- Observations of children;
- Input towards weekly/termly planning;
- Ensuring the health and safety of all children;
- Following Safeguarding Procedures.
- Previous experience working with children 0-5 years - ESSENTIAL
- Full, clean driving license - Desirable
Closing Date for Applications: Friday 31st January 2020
Please note that applications received after the closing date may still be considered, subject to the vacancy being filled.
Interview Date: To be confirmed
- You will be contacted by telephone and email throughout the recruitment process; therefore, please ensure the contact details you provide are accurate and that you check your messages regularly.