This is an Apprenticeship Vacancy. The successful candidate will be employed by the company outlined below and receive on-the-job training from them. Alongside this, they will undertake an Apprenticeship Programme with ACT Training and receive support and guidance from an experienced Assessor, to help them achieve the relevant qualifications. Please refer to the Course Outline at the bottom of this page for an overview of the Apprenticeship Programme.
Company Name: Hopscotch Nursery
Job Title: Apprentice Nursery Assistant
Apprenticeship Programme: Level 3 Children's Care, Play, Learning and Development
Hours of Work: 16.25 hours per week
Days and Times of Work:
- Wednesday, 11:30am - 3:15pm
- Thursday, 8:30am - 3:15pm
- Friday, 8:30am - 3:15pm
Salary: National Minimum Wage for Apprentices - Currently £4.15 per hour (to be reviewed after 6 months)
Company Overview: Hopscotch Nursery is a small charity run nursery based in the grounds of Gilwern Primary School. We pride ourselves in our flexible, family atmosphere and the high quality childcare and learning opportunities we provide. We are registered with CIW and are approved Early Education Providers for Monmouthshire. We are looking for someone enthusiastic and committed to join our team. This would be a fantastic opportunity for someone who has recently finished school or who fancies a change in career.
- To provide high quality, child centred care and education
- To participate in planning in order to provide a range of activities designed to meet the needs of all children at the nursery.
- To act as a key person for a group of children
- To assist with the long and short term planning and delivery of activities
- To supervise and encourage positive, safe behaviour for children
- To build positive relationships with children by acting as a role model and providing a warm, caring environment
- To ensure the nursery environment remains clean, tidy, safe and secure
- To complete daily health and safety checks, and risk assessments as appropriate
- To assist children with personal care as appropriate
- To prepare healthy snacks in accordance with the nursery menu
- To comply with all nursery policies and procedures
- To attend regular staff meetings and training as required
- To undertake any other duties as are required and in line with the post
- Interest in childcare
- Willingness to train up to appropriate level
- Level 2 Childcare
- Relevant experience (e.g work experience, family etc.)
- Good literacy skills
- Ability to speak incidental Welsh
- Knowledge of child development and children’s needs
- Experience of working with food
- Experience of first aid
Closing Date for Applications: Wednesday 6th January 2021
Please note that applications received after the closing date may still be considered, subject to the vacancy being filled.
Interview Date: 25th and 26th January 2021, from 3:45pm
- You will be contacted by telephone and email throughout the recruitment process; therefore, please ensure the contact details you provide are accurate and that you check your messages regularly.