This is an Apprenticeship Vacancy. The successful candidate will be employed by the company outlined below and receive on-the-job training from them. Alongside this, they will undertake an Apprenticeship Programme with ACT Training and receive support and guidance from an experienced Assessor, to help them achieve the relevant qualifications. Please refer to the Course Outline at the bottom of this page for an overview of the Apprenticeship Programme.
Company Name: Kutz N Kurlz Hair and Beauty
Job Title: Hairstylist Apprentice
Apprenticeship Programme: Hairdressing Level 2
Hours of Work: 25 - 30 hours per week
Days and Times of Work: Monday - Saturday (to be confirmed)
Salary: National Minimum Wage for Apprentices - £4.15 per hour
Company Overview: Do you have a passion for the hair and beauty industry, but are unsure how to become a hairstylist?
At Kutz N Kurlz we don’t consider hairdressing a job, it’s a career with many opportunities and is a way of life.
As an apprentice in our family owned and managed salon group, you can learn and earn whilst working alongside hair professionals, who will help you develop your skills in a professional but fun and creative environment.
You will be mentored and supported to gain knowledge and experience in creative cutting and colouring whilst gaining in-salon experience.
Our apprentices are:
- Passionate about hair;
- Inspired by people;
- Not afraid of hard work;
- Dedicated to become the best hairstylist ever;
- Brilliant timekeepers;
- Have a smart appearance.
- During your training you will provide support for the KNK salon team, by greeting clients, washing hair and maintaining the presentation of the salon at all times;
- You will attend our in-house training sessions in our training salon whilst proactively working in and out of work on your units to achieve a Hairdressing NVQ Level 2 with our trainers and our appointed training providers.
A minimum of 3 GCSE’s to include English at a C Grade or above;
Interested in the Hair and Beauty industry;
Good communicator, polite and good use of social manner;
- You will need to enjoy working with people. You should enjoy being part of a team as you will be expected to be committed to taking amazing care of our clients, respecting colleagues and be positively engaged in every opportunity offered to help in your professional development in the industry;
- No experience is necessary, but you need to have an enthusiasm for hair and beauty, and a desire to be the best you can be.
Closing Date for Applications: Friday 2nd October 2020
Please note that applications received after the closing date may still be considered, subject to the vacancy being filled.
Interview Date: Tuesday 27th October 2020
- You will be contacted by telephone and email throughout the recruitment process; therefore, please ensure the contact details you provide are accurate and that you check your messages regularly.