This is an Apprenticeship Vacancy. The successful candidate will be employed by the company outlined below and receive on-the-job training from them. Alongside this, they will undertake an Apprenticeship Programme with ACT Training and receive support and guidance from an experienced Assessor, to help them achieve the relevant qualifications. Please refer to the Course Outline at the bottom of this page for an overview of the Apprenticeship Programme.
Company Name: Awen Cultural Trust
Location: Llangeinor, Bridgend
Job Title: Apprentice Finance Assistant
Apprenticeship Programme: Accountancy Level 2 or Level 3
Hours of Work: Full-time
Salary: £15,839 - £21,177 per annum
Company Overview: Awen Cultural Trust is a registered charity based in Bridgend, South Wales. Our purpose is to make people’s lives better, which we achieve by delivering inspirational cultural events, activities and programmes. Awen engages with over one million visitors a year through a diverse range of facilities and services which include theatres, libraries, community centres, historic house and country park, and two work-based projects for adults with learning and physical disabilities. Awen’s work has significant impact on local economies, individual wellbeing and community cohesion.
- Preparing all events and private hire settlements for review and signing off by Finance Manager – Commercial;
- Ensuring payments and receipts for settlements are dealt with in a timely manner;
- Processing all petty cash requests and post entries after reconciling the petty cash each week on to Awen’s financial software - Exchequer;
- Responsible for topping up prepaid cards and posting the payments on Exchequer in line with applicable processes;
- Ensuring any ad hoc payments requested are entered on the bank GL in Exchequer in a timely manner;
- Dealing with all banking duties including but not limited to – preparing the banking for collection and checking the float on a weekly basis, ensuring it is the correct amount and requesting any change orders as required;
- Ensuring all bank transactions are entered into Exchequer daily;
- Entering daily ticket sales into Exchequer as well as cafe and bar sales;
- Entering any wedding deposits into Exchequer and on deferred income schedule, notifying the co-ordinator if payment has come directly into the bank and enter bar sales from weddings at Bryngarw House;
- Ensuring month end duties are completed within agreed deadlines – including but not limited to – stock take data, prepaid card reconciliations and banking;
- Accurately filing all related financial documentation in line with agreed methods;
- Providing scheduled and ad-hoc reports off Exchequer;
- Working closely with the Operations Managers in venues on a daily basis to ensure smooth financial running of the venues;
- Assisting with internal audits in the organisation and monitoring compliance with internal financial controls, ensuring advice given complies with internal controls and legislative obligations.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, be organised, methodical and accurate whilst meeting tight deadlines - Essential;
- Good time management skills and an ability to follow instructions - Essential;
- AAT2 or similar or working towards - Essential;
- Experience of dealing with financial transactions and cash handling - Essential;
- A full driving licence and access to your own vehicle for work purposes - Essential;
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent ICT skills with experience of using a variety of ICT packages including Microsoft;
- Excellent numeracy skills including collation and reporting of detailed financial data/reporting;
- Ability to deal carefully with sensitive and confidential information;
- Experience of recording accounting transactions and maintaining financial records;
- Formal ICT qualification or ability to demonstrate competence through experience;
- Evidence and understanding of Awen’s offer and services;
- Ability to speak Welsh.
In order to be considered for the position, please apply via the following link;
Closing Date for Applications: Friday 3rd January 2020
Please note that applications received after the closing date may still be considered, subject to the vacancy being filled.
Interview Date: To be confirmed
- You will be contacted by telephone and email throughout the recruitment process; therefore, please ensure the contact details you provide are accurate and that you check your messages regularly.