This is an Apprenticeship Vacancy. The successful candidate will be employed by the company outlined below and receive on-the-job training from them. Alongside this, they will undertake an Apprenticeship Programme with ACT Training and receive support and guidance from an experienced Assessor, to help them achieve the relevant qualifications. Please refer to the Course Outline at the bottom of this page for an overview of the Apprenticeship Programme.
Company Name: Steer IT Solutions Ltd
Job Title: Apprentice Business Administrator
Apprenticeship Programme: Business Administration Level 2
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week
Days and Times of Work: Monday to Friday, 9:00am - 5:00pm (with a 30 minute unpaid lunch break)
Salary: £5.00 - £5.50 per hour. Steer IT Solutions Ltd believe in employee development and will adjust the rate of pay accordingly throughout the course of the apprenticeship.
Contract Duration: 14 months
Company Overview: All IT support companies are technical. What makes Steer IT Solutions different is that they are experts who are great at communicating with their customers and they believe that makes them the company to use. They cover all aspects of IT including, but not limited to, managed support, networking, Office 365, back up solutions, antivirus and security, cyber essentials, wifi solutions. They are growing rapidly and have big goals for the future, so they are looking for someone who is ready to meet the challenges of the job and be part of sustainable success.
Key Duties: General office duties, including, but not limited to: -
- Answering calls and directing call traffic;
- Logging IT Support calls for the team to work on;
- Stock management;
- Managing diaries;
- Overseeing daily activities;
- Posting Social Media updates;
- Writing letters & emails;
- Customer growth;
- Organising travel arrangements;
- Producing business documents ready for meetings;
- Tracking customer FAR;
- Using accounting package to raise Purchase orders/invoices;
- Office organisation, i.e. stationery.
Previous knowledge is not essential as full training will be provided. However, Steer IT Solutions are looking for candidates who are motivated and looking for a career. Once the initial apprenticeship is concluded, they would like to develop the candidate and role into an accounts type role with the relevant training.
**Applicants must be aged 16-19 to be considered for this position**
- GCSE A* - C in English & Maths;
- Great organisational and prioritisation skills;
- A keen interest in the financial aspect of business.
Closing Date for Applications: 27th August 2019
Please note that applications received after the closing date may still be considered, subject to the vacancy being filled.
Interview Date: 3rd September 2019
- You will be contacted by telephone and email throughout the recruitment process; therefore, please ensure the contact details you provide are accurate and that you check your messages regularly.
- Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regret that we are unable to contact applicants that are not selected for interview.