This is an Apprenticeship Vacancy. The successful candidate will be employed by the company outlined below and undertake the relevant Apprenticeship Programme with ACT Training. Please refer to the Course Outline at the bottom of this page for an overview of the Apprenticeship Programme.
Company Name: Choice Bookkeeping Ltd
Location: Usk, Monmouthshire
Job Title: Apprentice Bookkeeper
Apprenticeship Programme: Accounting Level 2
Contract Duration: 12 months
Hours: 4 days a week (10:00am - 3:00pm). In addition, the successful candidate will be required to attend one full day of training each week at ACT Training's Head Office in Cardiff (9:30am - 4:30pm).
Salary: Apprentice Wage (£3.70 per hour)
Company Overview: Choice Bookkeeping Ltd have offices in South and West Wales, providing Bookkeeping and accountancy services to business. You will find us different to most bookkeeping practices! We use the latest technology to communicate with our clients. The bookkeeping industry is experiencing growth and it is an excellent time to join us!
- Answer and direct phone calls;
- Organise and schedule appointments;
- Plan meetings and take detailed minutes;
- Write and distribute email, correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms;
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports;
- Reconciling bank accounts;
- Preparing VAT returns;
- Inputting data into accounting software;
- Act as the point of contact for internal and external clients;
- Order office supplies and research new deals and suppliers;
- Maintain contact lists;
- Provide general support to visitors.
- Working knowledge of office equipment, like printers and fax machines;
- Skills in Microsoft Office (Excel and Word, in particular);
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritise work;
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to multi-task;
The candidate must show a willingness to learn, attention to detail and want to gain a professional qualification as a bookkeeper.
Application Instructions: To be considered for this position, please copy and paste the following into your browser and apply via the Career Wales website - https://ams.careerswales.com/Public/Vacancies/View.aspx?vid=44443
Closing Date for Applications: Wednesday 20th February 2019
Interview Date: Wednesday 27th February 2019