This is an Apprenticeship Vacancy. The successful candidate will be employed by the company outlined below and undertake the relevant Apprenticeship Programme with ACT Training. Please refer to the Course Outline at the bottom of this page for an overview of the Apprenticeship Programme.
Company Name: Cardiff Bus
Job Title: Apprentice Administrator
Apprenticeship Programme: Business Administration Level 2
Contract Duration: 12 months
Hours: 37 hours per week (Monday to Friday, 9:00am - 5:00pm)
Salary: £14,046 per annum
Company Overview: Cardiff Bus is a major provider of services within the Cardiff area, with over 700 employees and 220 vehicles! A rare and exciting opportunity has arisen to join our Commercial and Marketing team as a scheduler. The company has a reputation for providing a quality bus service for our customers throughout the Capital City and you will be charged with planning our bus service and drivers to be delivered in the most efficient and practicable manner, as well as contributing to the overall development of our services.
- To demonstrate the ability to process and deal with queries and requests received from internal and external customers and suppliers, within the appropriate deadlines;
- To evidence the ability to deal with various methods of communication - telephone, email, letter (in person and online), within the agreed timescales and to an agreed format;
- To answer and redirect phone calls;
- To order office stationary supplies;
- To undertake a range of clerical duties with training such as filing, photocopying and word processing;
- To assist in any other duties and projects as and when required;
- To deal with all incoming and outgoing post;
- To assist colleagues when necessary;
- To assist in marketing events;
- Organise meetings;
- To take minutes at meetings, compile and distribute reports;
- To observe and comply with all good practices within the office;
- To process room bookings;
- To assist in covering other areas of the business;
- To compile and write draft letters;
- To assist in data input in Excel and using other software;
- To carry out any other duties appropriate for this post and required from a member of the Administration teams.
**Attached to the bottom of this advert is the Person Specification for the role. Please incorporate the essential requirements noted in this document within your job application, as it will be used for shortlisting purposes.**
- 5 GCSE's at grade C or above (including English and Maths);
- Experience in all Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel & Outlook;
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise work;
- Ability to work flexibly across the organisation - on own initiative and as part of a team.
Closing Date for Applications: 14th December 2018
Interview Date: 19th December 2018