This is an Apprenticeship Vacancy. The successful candidate will be employed by the company outlined below and receive on-the-job training from them. Alongside this, they will undertake an Apprenticeship Programme with ACT Training and receive support and guidance from an experienced Assessor, to help them achieve the relevant qualifications. Please refer to the Course Outline at the bottom of this page for an overview of the Apprenticeship Programme.
Company Name: Hope Rescue
Job Title: Apprentice Administration Assistant
Apprenticeship Programme: Business Administration Level 2
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week
Days and Times of Work: Sunday - Thursday, 8.30am - 5:00pm
Salary: National Minimum Wage for Apprentices - £3.90 per hour
Company Overview: Hope Rescue is a dog rescue charity based in Llanharan. We have an exciting opportunity for an Administrative Assistant apprentice to provide reception and administrative support for the day to day operations of our busy rescue centre. The role provides a unique opportunity to gain a variety of skills across different functions including reception, fundraising, retail and animal welfare.
- Deal with all incoming customers face to face, over the telephone and by email;
- Ensure all microchipping records are updated and liaise with microchipping companies;
- Input animal records in to our internal databases and ensure all records are kept up to date;
- Reply to social media comments and messages;
- Support the development of social media content;
- Update the website;
- Prepare data reports as required;
- Prepare adoption, fostering and intake paperwork;
- Keep the kennel stores clean and tidy and manage stock levels;
- Liaise with suppliers and place orders;
- Manage deliveries;
- Process payments;
- Keep the reception and office area clean and tidy;
- Keep the rescue centre shop stocked and presentable;
- Process orders from our e-commerce platforms;
- Provide administrative support for the fundraising, retail and welfare teams as required.
- *** Must be aged 16 - 19 ***
- GCSE grades A – C in English and Maths are essential;
- Good IT skills including all Microsoft office products;
- Good understanding of social media platforms;
- Highly motivated and organised;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Confident around dogs.
Closing Date for Applications: Wednesday 20th November 2019
Please note that applications received after the closing date may still be considered, subject to the vacancy being filled.
Interview Date: Tuesday 26th November 2019
- You will be contacted by telephone and email throughout the recruitment process; therefore, please ensure the contact details you provide are accurate and that you check your messages regularly.