This is an Apprenticeship Vacancy. The successful candidate will be employed by the company outlined below and receive on-the-job training from them. Alongside this, they will undertake an Apprenticeship Programme with ACT Training and receive support and guidance from an experienced Assessor, to help them achieve the relevant qualifications. Please refer to the Course Outline at the bottom of this page for an overview of the Apprenticeship Programme.
Company Name: Haygarth Doctors
Location: Hay-on-Wye / Talgarth
Job Title: • Administrative Assistant
Apprenticeship Programme: Business Administration Level 3
Hours of Work: 37 hours per week
Days and Times of Work: 5 days per week, 08:30 to 17:00 (to 16:30 on Friday)
1 hour lunch break unpaid
10 minutes paid break in the morning and afternoon
Salary: £7.50 per hour
We are a pro-active, well established, friendly, dispensing, innovative, training GP Practice with 7 GP partners (5.35 WTE). We provide primary care services for approximately 8,500 patients in a rural practice area of approximately 400 square miles.
The Practice is set in a beautiful rural location nestling on the Welsh–English Border of Powys and Herefordshire and is within easy reach of the Brecon Beacons and Black Mountains. We have one surgery in Hay-on-Wye which is famed for its Literary Festival which takes place in May and for being one of the greatest second hand book centres in the world. We also have a second site in Talgarth which is the ancient capital of Brycheiniog, with its ancient Tower House and restored water mill and bakery. Local produce is available in abundance around the locality in shops and the many excellent restaurants. There are many opportunities to undertake adventurous land, air and water based activities in the immediate area. There is excellent and varied housing, good schools, and many other areas of interest within easy reach. Road and rail links are good, with local train stations in Hereford, Abergavenny, Cardiff, Swansea and Birmingham, which are all within driving distance.
Provide administrative support to the practice Management Team ensuring appropriate practice records are kept up to date. This will include scanning/coding work and secretarial duties.
Information Technology – I.T. Training
All staff undertake Information Technology induction training with the Practice I.T. Support Officer
- Sort and date stamp incoming patient-related mail
- Scan patient-related documents onto medical record using Read codes per practice agreed procedures
- Add any additional information about the source of the document
- Forward the document to the appropriate person per practice agreed procedures
- Ensure incoming letters are scanned onto the patient record within a 48/72-hour timescale
- Identify relevant clinical information contained in patient correspondence
- Code or free text the clinical information on to the patient record
- To provide an efficient audio, copy typing and word processing service for GPs, health professionals and Management Team as required. This includes the typing of letters, reports, patient referrals, minutes, memorandums, etc. in an accurate and timely manner
- To assist the Practice Manager and Assistant Practice Manager with clerical and administrative duties
- To liaise and arrange meetings (to include the booking of rooms) as required and to attend meetings and take minutes
- To establish and maintain filing and administrative systems so that written or computer information is easily accessible and secure
- To retrieve medical records and assist the completion of medical/insurance records
- To receive incoming and initiate outgoing telephone calls in order to facilitate timely and appropriate communications with others, taking messages and dealing with appropriate queries
- To provide cover for members of the secretarial team during periods of sickness and annual leave
Customer service skills
Flexible, friendly and approachable
Ability to work as a team
Organisational/time management skills
Problem solving skills
Education to GCSE standard
I.T. Skills (MS Office, Internet etc)
Previous EMIS web experience
Closing Date for Applications: May 26th, 2021
Please note that applications received after the closing date may still be considered, subject to the vacancy being filled.
Interview Date: 9th June 2021
- You will be contacted by telephone and email throughout the recruitment process; therefore, please ensure the contact details you provide are accurate and that you check your messages regularly.