This is an Apprenticeship Vacancy. The successful candidate will be employed by the company outlined below and receive on-the-job training from them. Alongside this, they will undertake an Apprenticeship Programme with ACT Training and receive support and guidance from an experienced Assessor, to help them achieve the relevant qualifications. Please refer to the Course Outline at the bottom of this page for an overview of the Apprenticeship Programme.
Company Name: Health Education and Improvement Wales (HEIW)
Job Title: Administration Apprentice
Apprenticeship Programme: Business Administration Level 2
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £7.42 per hour
Company Overview: Established on 1 October 2018, Health Education and Improvement Wales (HEIW) is the only Special Health Authority within NHS Wales. We sit alongside Health Boards and Trusts, and have a leading role in the education, training, development, and shaping of the healthcare workforce in Wales, in order to ensure high-quality care for the people of Wales.
Our key functions include:
- Working closely with partners and key stakeholders, and planning ahead to ensure the health and care workforce meets the needs of the NHS and people of Wales, now and in the future;
- Being a reputable source of information and intelligence on the Welsh health and care workforce;
- Commissioning, designing, and delivering high-quality, value for money education and training, in line with standards;
- Using education, training, and development to encourage and facilitate career progression;
- Supporting education, training, and service regulation by playing a key role in representing Wales, and working closely with regulators;
- Developing the healthcare leaders of today and the future;
- Providing opportunities for the health and care workforce to develop new skills;
- Promoting health and care careers in Wales, and Wales as a place to live;
- Supporting the professional workforce and organisation development profession with Wales;
- Continuously improving what we do and how we do it.
- Handle and respond to simple and routine enquiries and requests from internal and external
customers in a professional manner, following established procedures, when assistance is
required ensure all relevant facts and information needed is recorded and passed on promptly
to the relevant people for action;
- Undertake a variety of routine administrative duties to support the team and section;
- Update administrative systems with basic information;
- Take an active role in the team supporting team objectives and other team members;
- To provide general assistance as required;
- To work on your own initiative on set tasks ensuring standard guidelines and procedures are
adhered to, recognising when to refer a problem to others;
- To perform work related tasks to be assessed by the Apprenticeship training provider;
- To attend any internal training courses which are deemed relevant to the role.
- A minimum of 5 x GCSEs or equivalent at Grade A* to C grade including Maths and English;
- No pre-requisite experience required but a demonstrable interest in working in Higher Education;
- To be IT literate and familiar with common office IT packages (e.g. Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint and use of the Internet);
- Ability to deal with customers and other employees in a professional manner;
- Ability to clearly record information to pass on to others;
- Ability to work individually or as an effective team member;
- Ability to complete own work efficiently, accurately and to be able to meet deadlines;
- Ability to use own initiative;
- Ability to speak Welsh.
To be considered for this position, please click on the link below and apply via the NHS: -
Closing Date for Applications: Sunday 6th September 2020
Please note that applications received after the closing date may still be considered, subject to the vacancy being filled.
Interview Date: To be confirmed
- You will be contacted by telephone and email throughout the recruitment process; therefore, please ensure the contact details you provide are accurate and that you check your messages regularly.