CCPLD-Leadership and Management in Children's Care, Play, Learning and Development Level 5
To enable learners to develop and demonstrate their knowledge, skills and understanding within a children’s care, play, learning and development setting. In particular, learners will be able to demonstrate that they:
- Understand and apply in practice a range of leadership and management
concepts, theories and techniques.
- Reflect on their own and others’ knowledge, leadership and management styles and understand how these impact on those they work with, both within and outside of their setting.
- Lead and manage performance improvement in children’s care, play, learning and development settings.
- Lead and manage child-centered approaches in practice;
- Lead and manage the improvement of service within children’s care, play, learning and development.
- Work as effective and independent learners, and as critical and reflective thinkers to make informed judgements which includes using and interpreting data.
- Use communication, numeracy and digital competency skills as appropriate within their role
Learners must have completed the following qualification prior to registration of this qualification:
Level 4 Preparing for Leadership and Management in Children’s Care, Play, Learning and Development.
The learner needs to be a minimum of 18 years old, as this qualification is not approved for under 18s.
An assessor will contact the learner at their workplace at least once a month, this will either take place face to face or through a digital platform. In addition to this, they will be set approximately four hours of work to complete before the next meeting.
The Level 5 Children’s Care, Play, Learning and Development: Practice qualification will be assessed through a series of assessment activities
A business project will be used to gather assessment evidence for the majority of the mandatory content, as well as the optional units where achievable. The project will require candidates to:
- Identify an opportunity for implementing a new or revised provision/initiative within the workplace/setting
- Develop a project plan for implementing a new or revised provision/initiative within the workplace/setting
- Implement the new or revised provision/initiative
- Evaluate the outcome of the implementation.
The assessment approach will be finalised by the candidate delivering a final evaluation of their activities through a professional discussion held with an external assessor.
Key Topics/Mandatory Units
- Lead and manage child-centered practice
- Lead and manage effective team performance
- Lead and manage the quality of workplace/setting
- Professional practice
- Lead and manage practice that promotes safeguarding of children
- Lead and manage health, safety and security in the workplace/setting
- Also learners need to complete a selection of optional units that are relevant to their role and to the children that they care for within their organisation/setting.
Leadership and Management in Children’s Care, Play Learning and Development Level 5
ACT Head Office, Ocean Park House, East Tyndall Street, Cardiff, CF24 5ET.
T 029 2046 4727 E email@example.com Enquire Now