Designed for anyone working or training to work in Health & Social Care settings for either adults or children.
Attendees will learn what their responsibilities are regarding records, reports, MARS sheets, electronic systems and the administration and assessed administration of medication in their workplace.
Topics covered include:
- How medication is to be stored
- Where medication is to be stored
- Different types of medication and how they work once administered.
- Adverse reactions and contra indicators
- The seven guidelines on administering medication
- Controlled drugs and oxygen and the guidelines controlling theses.
- Drug errors and what to do in the event of an error
- Disposal of medication.
- Paper trail/ policies and procedures
- Understand the legislation that affects the administration of medicines
- Follow protocols and policies when receiving, storing and recording medicines
- Describe common adverse reactions to medication
- Understand the differences in protocols between various healthcare provisions.
This is an awareness session and attendees will receive an attendance certificate.
*Max 10 per group Enquire Now