Designed for those working or training to work in health and social care settings or supporting adults with dementia at home or work.
Topics covered include:
- What dementia is
- Common causes of dementia
- Likely signs and symptoms of the most common causes of dementia
- How different individuals may experience living with dementia
- How dementia may influence an individual’s ability to communicate and interact
- How attitudes and behaviours of others affect individuals with dementia
- Communication and interaction with individuals who have dementia
- Additional support when supporting individuals with dementia
This course is delivered as a 1 day workshop, including a mix of tutor presentations and pair/small group tasks.
Upcoming course dates:
- 19th June - Twyn Community Centre, Caerphilly, CF83 1JL
- 26th June - Best Western Diplomat Hotel, Llanelli, SA15 3PJ
- 28th June - Whiterose Information Resource Centre, New Tredegar, NP24 6EF