ACT Schools

ACT is passionate about ensuring all young people are equipped to become successful adults with a wide range of skills and abilities.  Far too many young people engage with ACT at age 16 with deficient literacy and numeracy skills. ACT developed a specific, targeted Schools Programme in 2012 as an attempt to redress this fundamental issue, currently a barrier for far too many young people across Wales.

We strongly believe that early intervention is needed to ensure all young people; especially those disengaged with education, are able to enter the world of work with the best possible chance of success. We’re also passionate about reducing the number of young people not in education, employment or training (NEET)

Our ACT Schools Academies

Our Academies offer an alternative education to young people who have been excluded or are at risk of exclusion, who are school phobic or are classed as vulnerable. From September 2015 we have provided a Key Stage 3 provision, expanding our targeted age range to 11-16. We offer a true alternative to mainstream learning, which is designed to engage young people and help them overcome their barriers to participation, preparing them for adulthood and the world of work.

Our Ocean Park Academy in Cardiff works regularly with 12 schools in the Cardiff area, supporting the individual needs of each school. Our Brook Park Academy in Caerphilly sits on the Caerphilly EOTAS provider framework whose panel negotiates referrals from mainstream schools. Our current occupancy sits at 48 full time learners.

Our dynamic alternative curriculum and range of support packages truly encourages, motivates and nurtures young people to realise what they can achieve. During the academic year 2015-16:

  • 100% of our learners achieved targeted behavioural and educational outcomes which were mutually agreed between the learner, feeder school and ourselves and were set in relation to their ability and the length of time on programme.
  • 93% of our learners achieved or exceeded Level 1 Threshold
  • 100% success rate of our learners who sat GCSEs
  • 89% of our learners had positively progressed to post 16 destinations and the remaining 11% were fully engaged with Careers Wales.

Our learners are guaranteed:

  • A bespoke programme that suits their needs
  • Access to our experienced pastoral team
  • Daily support with behaviour and personal barriers
  • Regular progress and target setting
  • All the support they need to ensure successful transition to post-16 destinations

Our robust quality assurance procedures ensure that the work we are carrying out remains at the high standard we aim to achieve. We work to ensure a strong communication pathway is maintained between our Academies and School so that there is a strong feeling of collaboration in order to achieve the best for our learners.

For more information check out our 3 Year Development Plan here or contact us on:

 

ACT Schools locations:

Ocean Park House

East Tyndall Street

Cardiff

CF24 5ET

 

66 - 67 Tredegar Street,

Risca,

Caerphilly,

NP11 6BW

 

 

Newsletter sign up
ACT Training © 2016 Designed and Developed by Spindogs
Euro social fund Wales

The Apprenticeship, Traineeship and Jobs Growth Wales Programmes, led by the Welsh Government, are supported by the European Social Fund

Euro social fund